In a recent editorial in the Financial Times, former Federal Reserve chairman outlined his concerns about pending inflationary pressures:
- The avalanche of government debt to be unloaded on world financial markets
- The political pressure on central banks to print money to buy much of the newly issued debt
- The staggering rise in government spending commitments over the next decade
- The uncertainty in forecasting Medicare costs
- The danger of political intervention at the expense of private market forces
Please click here for Greenspan's commentary.